Field hockey is a sport that relies on the use of shin pads to protect players from getting hurt. There are many different types of shin pads available on the market, but which are the best? One option is to buy a pair of generic shin pads and hope for the best.
However, this approach may not be the best option for everyone because there is no guarantee that these pads will provide adequate protection. Another option is to invest in a high-quality pair of shin pads, but this can be expensive. To find out what the best options are, let’s take a look at some of the top brands.
Choosing the Best Field Hockey Shin Pads
Field hockey shin pads come in a variety of shapes and sizes. So how do you know which ones are best for you? Here are a few things to consider when choosing the right pair of shin pads for hockey:
1. Make sure the shin pads fit comfortably. They should be snug, but not too tight. You don’t want them to restrict your movement or cause discomfort while you’re playing.
2. Consider the level of protection offered by the shin pads. If you’re a beginner, you may not need as much protection as an experienced player. Choose shin pads that offer adequate padding and coverage without being too bulky.
3. Consider the weather conditions where you’ll be playing. Shin pads that are designed for use in cold weather may be too heavy or thick for use in warmer climates.
Size guide for field hockey shin pads
Hockey shin guards come in a variety of sizes, so it is important to know which size you need before you buy them. Most hockey shin pads are available in small, medium, large, and extra-large sizes. When choosing the right size for you, it is important to consider the length and width of your shin.
Most hockey shin pads are between 13 and 17 inches in length. If your shin is 13 inches or less in length, then you will need a small size hockey shin pad. If your shin is more than 17 inches in length, then you will need an extra-large size hockey shin pad.
Most hockey shin pads are also between 3 and 4 inches wide. If your shin is 3 inches or less wide, then you will need a small size hockey Shin pad.
5 Best Field Hockey Shin Pads
Harrow Probot Shin Pad is the perfect choice for field hockey players. The pad is designed to protect your shins from bumps and bruises. The Probot Shin Pad has a comfortable fit and is easy to wear. It is also lightweight and breathable, so you can stay cool on the field.
The Probot Shin Guards provide maximum protection at the highest level. The hard plastic shell with air vents is covered with a removable liner for comfort.
About This Item:
- Maximum Protection
- Removable Liner
- Removable Straps
- The Small, Probot Shin Guard is approximately 12 inches in height and has a removable foam liner.
This particular model offers some great features that make it a good choice for field hockey players. For starters, it has an ergonomic design that makes it comfortable to wear. It also has a padded surface that helps to protect against impacts and collisions. Additionally, the Stallion 400 shin guard comes with an adjustable strap system that ensures a secure fit.
All in all, the Stallion 400 shin guard is a good option for anyone looking for quality protection for their shins.
About This Item:
- 100% Other Fibers
- The lightweight, ergonomic polymer shell
- Moisture resistant comfort liner Absorbs impact
- Designed for a comfortable and protective fit
These field hockey shin pads provide superior load spreading protection through Power Positioning Pad Technology, which is also known as High-performance Load Spreading. Raised central spine for greater coolness and padding. Air vents to keep you cool. Removable, washable inner lining. Elastic straps for dynamic adjustability.
About This Item:
- The removable inner padding can be laundered in a washing machine.
- Removable velcro straps
- Protective plastic shell
- Vents allow airflow to shin
- Sizes: S (10.5”), M (11.5”), L (12.5”)
The STX Field Hockey Contour Shinguard is a new type of shin pad created to improve field hockey players’ safety. The shinguard is designed to contour and hug the player’s shin, providing a better fit and more protection.
Additionally, the Contour Shinguard has been updated with additional padding on the front and top of the shin, as well as a new strapping system for a more secure fit. STX has also made the shinguard available in both youth and adult sizes, making it a versatile option for players at any level.
The Contour Shinguard was designed with input from some of the top field hockey players in the world, so you know it’s a product that can be trusted.
About this Item
- The ergonomic shape contours your leg
- Open holes and mesh material for increased air circulation
- High-quality performance fabric absorbs sweat quickly and also dries quickly.
- Adult sizing only
The Byte ZX Field Hockey Shin Guards are designed to provide you with maximum protection without sacrificing comfort or mobility. Made with a lightweight and breathable material, these shin guards will keep you cool and comfortable even during the most intense games.
With a flexible design that contours to the shape of your leg, the Byte ZX Shin Guards will not interfere with your movement on the field. They also feature an anti-slip grip that will keep them in place no matter how hard you play.
About This Item
- REMOVABLE LINING
- ADJUSTABLE VELCRO FASTENING
- SUBLIMATED DESIGN
- HARDSHELL PROTECTION, SUITABLE FOR ALL LEVELS OF FIELD HOCKEY
In conclusion, when looking for the best field hockey shin pads, it is important to consider the fit, protection, and durability of the product. By considering these factors, you can be sure to find a set of shin pads that will protect you while playing field hockey.